Busy adults with families and demanding careers see busy physicians, who spend plenty of time caring for patients who present stress-related skin problems:
- Pimples appear out of nowhere.
- Skin dries out overnight and needs re-hydration.
- Folds around the nose and deep lines in the brow appear more pronounced.
Our patients in Dallas agree – they notice differences in their skin when they’re stressed out. If left untreated and stress continues, these signs can persist for weeks and months, even years.
Although all these issues can be resolved in time, first you have to ‘de-stress.’ Until that time comes, here are 5 professional tips to help you get by:
- Keep your hands away from your face, stop touching and stop popping those pimples! Keep your hands busy with a pencil or squeeze one of those strengthening balls. For goodness sake, get rid of that magnifying mirror!
- Go visit your doctor or cosmetic physician and pick up a few acne fighters.
- Get yourself a facial, even if you’re on a budget. Treat yourself to some downtime; even bring your teenage kid in for a facial with you. A twofer! It will be therapeutic and quite relaxing for you both.
- If you’re using benzoyl peroxide, be sure not to use it at the same time as you’re using hydroquinones or copper peptides. You can use both products, but not at the same time. Use one in the morning and the other in the evening.
- If you’re using high quality skin care products, try a chemical peel. Because a peel removes the built up dead skin on the surface of your face, it allows therapeutic products to penetrate and get the job done more quickly and more effectively.